Oh Yeah, we talking food! mouth watery food! covered from blogger /https://annsrecipes.wordpress.com/
An amazing food blogger shares with us how to prepare snail sauce
“…I remember when my dad asked me to prepare this sauce for the first time it was quite complicated at first but after about two takes I finally got it. For all of us who love having guest and we don’t know what to prepare you can use this in your rice be it jollof, white rice even fried yam or it can served with a chilled drink depending on how you like it or how your guest like it.
- 5 snail cleaned and cut in half
- 2 large onion
- Curry powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Maggi to taste
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 pepper or tatashe
- 4 tomatoes
- Green leaf or ugwu leaf sliced
HOW TO CLEAN THE SNAIL
A lot of people don’t like using snail to do their sauce and prefer using pomo or meat because of it’s smell and the slimy body which is a little bit hard to wash but am going to give a very simple trick on how to wash it very well so that the smell would be avoided.
- After removing the shell, wash off the first slim with lime twice and rinse.
- Pour garri into the bowl and put the snail in it an rub the garri into the snail, you can do this twice.
- Pour out the garri and rinse the snail properly.
- Boil the snail with a little salt so as to remove the smell and rinse it after boiling it. Do not use this water t cook.
- Place snail in a pot add your salt, curry, chopped onion. add water and let it boil for about 5 minutes or less.
- In a frying pan or in another pot, add your vegetable oil.
- Grind your tomato, pepper and onions. some people don’t like using tomato so they use only pepper and onions.
- Add your chopped onions and fry for a about 1 minute.
- Fry your tomato blend and leave to dry but don’t let it burn. So that means this section needs special attention.
- Add the liquid from the steamed snail and let it cook until that sour tomato taste is gone.
- Add the necessary season but be careful while adding the season because of the liquid from the snail has been seasoned already.
- Add your green or ugwu leaf although it is optional and let it boil for some time.
- Then add your snail and cover for some time to simmer and your snail sauce is ready.
photo by google