YAM BOLOGNESE, 😃 Sounds thrilling right? I discovered this amazing delicacy on 9jafoodie and that I simply thought it would be awesome to try it out. I personally believe it will do great for lunch or dinner!
Usually, Bolognese sauce is a meat-based Italian sauce served with pasta, but here we are doing it the yam manner.
- 3 cups minced meat
- Half teaspoon of ground garlic, ginger and pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 cubed spice
- 2 spring Green Onions[chopped]
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of flour
Pan Roasted Yam
½ medium yam tuber (900g) – peeled, cubed and wash
Salt – to taste
3 Tbsps. Coconut or vegetable oil
½ tsp ground pepper
1 small onion – thinly sliced
1 cubed spice
1. In a pot, cover washed yam with water and set on medium-high heat. Boil for 15-18 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
2. While yam is boiling, place another pot on high heat; add in minced meat, spices, salt, cubed spice, and chopped onion. Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until meat is browned and cooked. Add in 1 cup of water and flour. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Combine cooked yam with salt, pepper, and your desired spice
5. Add oil to a skillet and heat until hot. Add yam. Allow the yam to brown underneath. Flip yam and brown on other side for 2-3 sides. Add in onions and stir-fry gently for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Add sauce into cooked yam. Cover and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve and enjoy.
So, would you love to try YAM BOLOGNESE? Please do!